This Instruction does not apply to the establishment of the discovery of deposits of common minerals.
2. The fact of discovery of mineral deposits is established by the Federal Agency for Subsoil Use or its territorial bodies in relation to those types of minerals for the geological exploration of which a license was issued for the use of subsoil.
(paragraph 2 as amended by
(see text in previous edition)
3. The fact of the discovery of a mineral deposit is established on the basis of an application (Appendix 1 to this Instruction) submitted to the Federal Agency for Subsoil Use or its territorial bodies by the applicant who carried out geological exploration of the subsoil in accordance with the issued license.
(as amended by
4. In case the applicant intends to develop an open mineral deposit, he must indicate this in the application.
5. An application for establishing the fact of discovery of a mineral deposit, with the exception of hydrocarbon raw materials, must be submitted by the applicant no later than 60 days from the date of approval of the conclusion of the state examination of mineral reserves, confirming the industrial significance of the deposit.
An application for establishing the fact of discovering a hydrocarbon deposit must be submitted by the applicant no later than the expiration of the license for geological exploration of the subsoil if there is a conclusion from the state examination of mineral reserves confirming the industrial importance of the hydrocarbon deposit.
(paragraph 5 as amended by
6. The following materials are attached to the application:
a) excluded. –
b) a brief reference on the history of the discovery of a mineral deposit and its main geological and economic parameters (characteristics) –
c) a geological map with a coordinate grid and the contours of the identified mineral deposits – for solid minerals –
d) structural map by productive horizon – for hydrocarbon deposits –
e) – e) are excluded. –
7. The application is registered by the Federal Agency for Subsoil Use or its territorial body on the day of its receipt.