Approved by the order of the Minister of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated December 29, 2008 No. 219
(As amended by the Order of the Minister for Emergency Situations of the Republic of Kazakhstan of the city No. 244)
Table of contents
1. General requirements
1. Industrial safety rules for the development of opencast mineral deposits apply to the design, construction, operation, expansion, reconstruction, technical re-equipment, conservation and liquidation of opencast mining facilities.
The objects of open cast mining are quarries and landfills.
The actions of these Requirements do not apply to open mining facilities for the extraction of uranium, radium, thorium and other natural radionuclides.
2. To test new and improve existing development systems and their parameters, pilot-industrial development of a mineral deposit or part thereof is allowed, carried out on the basis of a project and development plans for mining operations.
3. In the process of acceptance into operation of open mining operations, the conformity of the project documentation object, the organization’s readiness for its operation and actions to localize and eliminate the consequences of the accident are checked.
Deviations from the design documentation during the construction, operation, conservation and liquidation of the opencast mining facility are not allowed.
4. Technological regulations are developed and approved at a hazardous production facility and take into account the peculiarities of local operating conditions of technical devices.
The technological regulation contains: the sequence of technological operations, their parameters, safe conditions for fulfillment, requirements for the level of personnel training, tools, devices, personal and collective protective equipment used during the operation.
5. Blasting operations, storage, transportation and accounting of explosive materials at open cast mining sites are carried out in accordance with the Industrial Safety Requirements for blasting operations, approved by order of the Minister of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated September 19, 2007 No. 141.
6. When conducting and operating underground mines at open cast mining sites, it is guided by the Industrial Safety Requirements when conducting underground operations, approved by order of the Minister of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated July 25, 2008 No. 132.